How Much Power Does A Rally Preped Evo X Make

K

kevin

ive seen dyno figures for one evo x here in ja...im curious to know what kind of figures they make elsewhere in the world,,both with the 32mm restrictor,,and the 34mm restrictor ...ive seen power figures of 295.88 whp @ 4200rpm; 453ft/lb @ 3350. with 34mm restrictor and stock engine and turbo,,tunned by peter moodie jr.......whos doin more?and whats the spec?

Nick

Nick

Superstar Admin
Ill have a dig of the rally stuff around here (not that there are many X's) but I must say all these pictures and videos you keep posting your making incredibly jelouse!

E

Evo Ash

JR Motorsport make Group N X's but i think they run at 300hp also not sure on the torque figures though :confused:

Tudgey

Tudgey

i was always sure all rally versions have to be limited to 300bhp.

Jonny IX

Jonny IX

Group Buy Organiser
The BHP must not exceed 300 but torque I think is a free number, engine displacement must also stick to 2000cc in some cases i believe ??

M

m7gsr

Copied from Wikipedia

Between 1997 and 2010, the regulations mandated that World Rally Cars must have been built upon a production car with a minimum production run of 2500 units. A number of modifications could be made including increasing the engine displacement up to 2.0L, forced induction (including an anti-lag system),addition of four wheel drive, fitment of a sequential gearbox, aerodynamic body modifications, weight reduction to a minimum of 1230 kg and chassis strengthening for greater rigidity.
Unlike the requirements for the preceding Group A cars, manufacturers were no longer required to build "homologation specials" in order to meet approval. The base model did not need to have all the characteristics of the WRC car, as evidenced from cars such the Peugeot 206, 307, Citroën Xsara and Škoda Fabia, which during this period had no road car variant with a turbocharged petrol engine or four wheel drive.

Citroën C4 WRC
To limit power, all forced induction cars were fitted with a 34 mm diameter air restrictor before the turbocharger inlet, limiting the air flow to about 10 cubic meters per minute. The restriction was intended to limited power output to 300 hp although the some WRC engines were believed to produce around 330–340 hp.[citation needed] Engine development did not focus on peak power output but towards producing a very wide powerband (or power curve). Typically, power output in excess of 300 hp was available from 3000 rpm to the 7500 rpm maximum, with a peak of 330–340 hp at around 5500 rpm. At 2000 rpm (the engine idle speed in "stage" mode) power output was slightly above 200 hp.[2]

K

kevin

JR Motorsport make Group N X's but i think they run at 300hp also not sure on the torque figures though :confused:

im sure JRM are making more than 300whp in there group n evo X's,,,,,more like 320-330whp

E

e5_dcb

HP always around the 300 figure . The torque they get out of them even with restrictors is crazy!

S

Silver makinen

34mm airflow restrictor designed to limit power unless you use the Toyota Airflow restrictor!
They were banned from the WRC for using a restrictor that acted like a camera shutter, it opened up after the scrutineers had checked it.
Cheating barstuards :)

JRambo

JRambo

I used to get my evo serviced there, they used the 360 rs. what a car! they used one to pick customers up in, rally spec but 360bhp, my mate worked they and took it out and said it was a weapon!! lol