wot to do

leo

leo

hi evo people just dont know wot to do i have got an evo 4 in quite nice condition but am in a bit of a pickle:confused: i need some help me to decide wot to do i can keep the car i got and change engine to an viii or viiii or just get another car i ask you witch would you do:wtf:

evoaps

evoaps

hi evo people just dont know wot to do i have got an evo 4 in quite nice condition but am in a bit of a pickle:confused: i need some help me to decide wot to do i can keep the car i got and change engine to an viii or viiii or just get another car i ask you witch would you do:wtf:

change mate otherwise you`ll end up with a car standing you alot of cash but worth f all.

foxy lady x

foxy lady x

Chief Model
Me personally would buy another evo purely for the fact u would probably have more issues with changing the engine over, plus the suspension, brakes, the exhaust moved around cos on the 8's and 9's it's on the opposite side sooooooo much hassle imo :)

RsvRob

RsvRob

Engine transplant :D

Foxy- the exhaust exits the other side on later evo's because of the exhaust itself. Nothing to do with engines

RsvRob

RsvRob

No no foxy clearly states an 8 or 9. No mention of the earlies ;) lol

foxy lady x

foxy lady x

Chief Model
hes got a 4 and wants to up rate it to an 8 or 9 so surely he would need to change all the hangers going down the car cos the 8 /9 goes right and the earlier models go left plus the earlier model exhausts are smaller :)

B

Beanz

hes got a 4 and wants to up rate it to an 8 or 9 so surely he would need to change all the hangers going down the car cos the 8 /9 goes right and the earlier models go left plus the earlier model exhausts are smaller :)

pmsl...you tell him foxy lol xx

RsvRob

RsvRob

NOPE only the 1,2,3 evos had the engine facing the other way. From the 4-9 you can inter change nearly all parts. The exhaust would be from a 4,5,6 but bolt straight to a later 7,8,9 engine :D

foxy lady x

foxy lady x

Chief Model
yeah but the diameter of the exhaust manifold will surely be either greater or smaller? :)

evoaps

evoaps

NOPE only the 1,2,3 evos had the engine facing the other way. From the 4-9 you can inter change nearly all parts. The exhaust would be from a 4,5,6 but bolt straight to a later 7,8,9 engine :D

does a crank shaft from ane 4-9 fit an evo 1-3??

RsvRob

RsvRob

foxy-exhaust mani to turbo to elbow to downpipe. I believe its the elbow and downpipe connection that is different on 8/9 to a 4/5/6

aps-its unlikely but may do

foxy lady x

foxy lady x

Chief Model
So i'm still right then ?? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Plus u would have to cut a hole in the bumper :razz::razz::razz:

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
The engines 4-9 have the same basic structure cos the block and head is the same shape size just have slight variations regarding internals and bolt ons.

The manifolds are the same so you would just fit the 4/5/6 elbow onto which ever engine you want cos it only the joint where the elbow meets the downpipe that's different between 4/5/6 and 7/8/9 cars. Oh and the downpipe on a 7/8/9 is longer due to the fact the car is longer

Simple elbow swap really. You use the early elbow Frome the early car to match the exhaust to the turbo of the newer car.

Hence why IX turbos are so easy to fit on 4/5/6 models

I have an 8 engine in my 6 :)

evoaps

evoaps

The engines 4-9 have the same basic structure cos the block and head is the same shape size just have slight variations regarding internals and bolt ons.

The manifolds are the same so you would just fit the 4/5/6 elbow onto which ever engine you want cos it only the joint where the elbow meets the downpipe that's different between 4/5/6 and 7/8/9 cars. Oh and the downpipe on a 7/8/9 is longer due to the fact the car is longer

Simple elbow swap really. You use the early elbow Frome the early car to match the exhaust to the turbo of the newer car.

Hence why IX turbos are so easy to fit on 4/5/6 models

I have an 8 engine in my 6 :)

do you know if a crankshaft from an evo 4-9 fits in an evo 2?? :)