The UK Drone Racing Nationals 2015 Final Race

J

jab1a

The UK Drone Racing Nationals were held on the 30th August 2015 at RAF Barkston Heath Nr Grantham, Lincolnshire. The event is the first one like this held in the UK with the top three pilots qualifying for a chance at the World Drone Championship 2016 in Hawaii, USA.

In true British style the wind was blowing strong and patchy rain but this did not stop the fun. The day was so good with highlights like having Mr Cleanflight himself (+Dominic Clifton) as my spotter in one of the Semi finals and of course getting 1st place at the end of the day.

I would like to congratulate the three other pilots I had the honour to race against in the Final, all day they consistently showed amazing skills and jaw dropping next level speeds. Also all the other amazing pilots that competed on the day made this event one to remember. After hearing they were all down during the race I tried to stay calm and slow down just to finish the laps as I was physically shaking from the pressure and adrenaline.

Huge thank you to FPVLeague.co.uk for recording this footage and more thanks goes to the commentary on the Live stream that this video takes its source from.

RAF Barkston Heath Nr Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK

Conditions:
Windy with rain