stopping newbies posting

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Yh let us no buddy best thing we can do in this situation is work together

E

evo5gsr

ive been all paid up people sorry forgot to come back to let you all know:whistling: lol

E

evo5gsr

afaik Lee i know drue was still owed a bit but havnt heard anything from him for a while ! i had photos of his house ect and i would just text him them when i didnt see no money then i would get more money day after

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
afaik Lee i know drue was still owed a bit but havnt heard anything from him for a while ! i had photos of his house ect and i would just text him them when i didnt see no money then i would get more money day after
bit of a piss take that you have to go to such methods just to get whats rightfully yours.

glad you and hopefully the others got your money back !

trackday

trackday

I got mine back but had to involve the police the guy was a absolute lying barstool I think if he got up in the morning he would tell you it was night lol luckily for him he sorted it out but was 2 months of stress that I didn't need!!! As for buying off here I will but I have learnt some lessons
1 Don't in any circumstances pay via bank transfer as you have no come back if it goes wrong PayPal all the way!!!
2 If they don't live too far away road trip and you get to meet them, inspect the item and pay cash
3 Always get photos with there user name next to it to prove they have the item.
I just hope it never happens to anyone else on here as the stress and sh*te it causes is a nightmare but at least we was lucky this time!!!!!!!

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
I got mine back but had to involve the police the guy was a absolute lying barstool I think if he got up in the morning he would tell you it was night lol luckily for him he sorted it out but was 2 months of stress that I didn't need!!! As for buying off here I will but I have learnt some lessons
1 Don't in any circumstances pay via bank transfer as you have no come back if it goes wrong PayPal all the way!!!
2 If they don't live too far away road trip and you get to meet them, inspect the item and pay cash
3 Always get photos with there user name next to it to prove they have the item.
I just hope it never happens to anyone else on here as the stress and sh*te it causes is a nightmare but at least we was lucky this time!!!!!!!

Ah good I'm glad you got it back. Shame as you said it was so much of a ball ache.
Seemed so genuine from the start though. Plenty of posts under his belt etc.
Just proves we all need to be cautious when dealing over the Internet.

E

evo5gsr

totally agree mate ill only buy off here or anywhere else for that matter if i know where they live .contact numbers,pictures , and paypal :D

E

evo5gsr

mate i sent you his address that day you asked by text never heard anything else from you

E

evo5gsr

just to add my phone shit itself last week lost all the data BUT ill get in contact with the guy who gave me the lads address ect and ill ask my mate to pop over to him and see if i can help Stu

E

evo5gsr

just found this on my pc

ill see what i can do Su to help its seems ur the last person not to be paid ffs

E

evo5gsr

ive just text mr farrant and he said he text you yesterday st u?

dan2926

dan2926

Just read this whole thread, Its just ashame there are folk like that out there :(, had a similar issue on snet a few years back hence the feedback system and having to be a paying member for buying and selling.

But as said it doesnt always prevent folk gettin ripped off. My suggestion would be to supply your address and contact details to the site owner/Admin and then send out a code (to activate authority) to that address before you can post in for sale section.

Of course this would come at a small cost which could be charged to the member. If they were genuine they wouldn't mind a few quid and the owner also has their paypal/payment details :D

Hope all you guys get it sorted out

Nick

Nick

Superstar Admin
Phone verification could be done. I am aware of a system which can do this automatically.
Not perfect as even a landline phone number doesnt guarantee anything.
Address verification would be too time consuming between wanting to post an advert and actually being able to post though it could be offered as an upgrade which isnt mandatory.