Meets / Trackdays / Skills days

Nick

Nick

Superstar Admin
There has been some discussion recently about this subject and I have been in talks with some trackday providers to see if we could arrange a bit of a discount for a group.

But is there any interest and what is it you would be looking for?
Would you want just meets (no track time etc),trackdays where you are free to go out on track (possibly option of track training too) or driver skills days where it is a open space with a trainer getting the you to get the best out of your car and improving your skill?

Also how far would you be willing to travel?

If we get enough interest we can get something together so the more info I get the more likely it is to happen!

EVOIV MJC

EVOIV MJC

good idea about meets etc. Since I'm in n.Ireland its really no use to me aaawwww boo boo me LOL

EVOIV MJC

EVOIV MJC

Meets tracksays etc

yeah I know mate but it aint just a case of hopping on a boat. Plus the fact of me needing sumwhere to stay etc. Its an 8 hour boat trip to get me over for start plus the drive to whereever I'm going to stay, its an all day thing just to get me over there

Nick

Nick

Superstar Admin
yeah I know mate but it aint just a case of hopping on a boat. Plus the fact of me needing sumwhere to stay etc. Its an 8 hour boat trip to get me over for start plus the drive to whereever I'm going to stay, its an all day thing just to get me over there

Im only pulling your leg ;)

Anyone else?

EVOIV MJC

EVOIV MJC

meets

yeah I know mate, but I'm tryn to xplain how hard it would be for me otherwise I would be over for a few meets etc

Tom C

Tom C

I was thinking Of car shows like Trax and Japfest etc where we all meet up and organise a club-Stand it was £10 pound each last year for around 10 cars on a stand which I could organise if the was interest ;)

D

daz4x4

I was in a club called SSR a few years ago in Scotland, i live in Glasgow by the way. The club used to hire out Crail Raceway near St Andrews for the day at a small cost to members,theres a drag strip, an oval and a small track which can be opened up to a larger track. I dont know about the travelling distance for some though but its worth a look at.

Tom C

Tom C

I always wanted to do a track-day but the cost put me off tbh, could save up suppose ;)

Nick

Nick

Superstar Admin
They dont cost much.
£100 for an airfield £140 for a circuit. Maybe less if we get a group.

rossboardman

rossboardman

Do you have to get special insurance for track days?

Nick

Nick

Superstar Admin
You dont have to. But your road policy probably wont cover you so if you have a bump you pay for your own damage. Some road cover will cover trackdays for a small fee.

I would say its recommended!

rossboardman

rossboardman

Any ideas on what it might cost for a couple of days track insurance? I've never been to track days with my own car so wouldn't have a clue.

I'm dreaming of a long weekend at the Nürburgring with Sabine "I do that lap time in a van" Schmitz.

Nick

Nick

Superstar Admin
Would anyone be interested in a track day at Cadwell Park in Lincs?
No date in mind. Im just looking to see who would be a potential for this location.

SnowMold

SnowMold

im interested in the track day meets, especially for the members! this sounds like a really sound idea, just wish i had more horses :/

louis

louis

im up for meets and all the rest.
i go up to santa pod a bit,so dont realy mind where, would be good to have on near by :)