hello eveyone

G

gazza

hi everyone. joined yesterday and look forward to talking to you all. had my evo 8 for 9 months now and just starting to modify it. any advice appreciated.

A

Alan-G

hi everyone. joined yesterday and look forward to talking to you all. had my evo 8 for 9 months now and just starting to modify it. any advice appreciated.

Why modify it - it's a weapon ....

I know 'cos I just bought one.

260 gsr fq 280 - 360 , doesn't matter. These cars are the "real deal"

G

gazza

cant disagree with that mate. best car i have ever driven. cant believe the handling. i cant help the modifying thing. been in the car trade for 20 years and just enjoy to work on my own stuff. way cheaper too. i have an 03 fq300. just fitted carbon boot and bonnet and decatted the exhaust. nothing major because as you know they are already superb.

G

gazza

very true! dont see the point in changing the rest of the system as its 3 inches as standard. pleased the decat hasnt made it much louder. turbo spools up much better too.

G

gazza

sorry i didnt reply yesterday waggzy. early start this morning.

G

gazza

hi there alan-g. i think its waggzy with the fuelling problem? totally agree with your advice on filter first and leave the most expensive till last.

A

Alan-G

Sorry man !

Gazza - Waggzy ... Looks the same to me when ye get to 40+ years :rolleyes:

:D

waggzy

waggzy

Trader
Trader
Yeah no worries mate...lol
does decatting make any difference??
also will it pass an mot??

A

Alan-G

Yeah no worries mate...lol
does decatting make any difference??
also will it pass an mot??

Hi mate, decatting makes a huge difference in power - downside, it has to be re-mapped for the changes in exhaust flow. Also - it wont pass an mot so keep your original exhaust. Mapping is around 500 notes.

waggzy

waggzy

Trader
Trader
ok cheers..
just i got a mk4 golf(see sig) that was decatted an it was a ball ache to keep changin the cat for mot day..so in the end i just got a high flow cat

waggzy

waggzy

Trader
Trader
ok somethin to look into then...what about a high flow cat???
does it still restrict??

G

gazza

got to agree with you guys. decatting gives real world mid range performance. proper usable power. well worth the 4 bolts come mot time!? along with the remap i would advise changing to an air filter upgrade to help air in also. improves air flow through the complete system.

Skuff

Skuff

Community Leader
also search around, as there are plenty of places that will turn a blind eye to de-cats ;)

waggzy

waggzy

Trader
Trader
ok then guys...think that makes up my mind...lol
next question....would you recommend any exhaust systems
my mate owns pipe werx in skelmersdale which he started on his own after working for blue flame for years and he said he can sort one out for me :O)