Extreme motorsport Birmingham

Jonny IX

Jonny IX

Group Buy Organiser
I thought I would post the issue Ive had with Extreme in Dudley.

Took the Evo for her first MOT under my ownership today and failed on the C02 emmisions :mad:

She flew through for everything else no bother at all.

After the first emmisions test I asked the tester if I could give her a razz round as the cat could of being cold as im 2 mins from test center, he said "very funny mate theres no cat on it" :wtf:

I went down in the pit looked at the motor and he was right !!!

So called extreme and explained they had sold me a car only 4 months ago with no cat pipe !!!

When I went to view I was very green and eager to own an Evo as Id looked at so many over three months.

Extreme assured me the car was totally standard and never been played with :whistling:

So I looked over the car used my buyers guide I downloaded from another forum, then taken for a test drive by the salesman then I was allowed to drive the car all was well and money was parted with and away I went all smiles.

There was no signs of rust underneath the car when I looked but at the time didnt look for a cat so my fault lessoned learned :(

When I called Extreme today the salesman was very appologetic and said he will look into it , I moaned a bit and agrred he would call me back tomorrow.

I then get another call from extreme asking me to bring car in to them !!! NO WAY was my reply and told him I will not be bringing car in and he should send me a new cat and gaskets to which he ageed and is sending out tomorrow :)

The reason I am posting this is for any potential and current customers of Extreme UK and potential buyers of Evos.

No matter how proffesional the place looks a company is only as good as its staff,salesmen,mechanics and other employees .

Luckily I now have a good mechanic who knows what he doing and will be MOT'ing the car for me Monday with a Cat pipe. Unluckily my de cat I ordered yesterday has turned up LOL :razz:

EVOIV MJC

EVOIV MJC

sorry to hear you had a small bad xperience,,

Extreme are very highly thought of in the evo circle,, If not abit dear though,, But i hear they only knock out top quality motors:confused:

Jonny IX

Jonny IX

Group Buy Organiser
sorry to hear you had a SMALL bad xperience,,

Extreme are very highly thought of in the evo circle,, If not abit dear though,, But i hear they only knock out top quality motors:confused:

I have looked at other forums and found many thread negating this statement :)

It may seem small but the implications are not for example my insurance would have been void if I had an accident as the car has been modded :mad:

Not to mention when the salesman stated the car was not modified in anyway it is clearly misleading and ILLEGAL FYI the advert for the car on thier website also stated this :wtf:

EVOIV MJC

EVOIV MJC

im just saying what i have heard and read,,

And yes im sure there are bad points to go with the good points,,

did you take it up with them,, And tell them you would go to trading standards etc

ElDopesta

ElDopesta

I think you did well in the end to be honest with you.

You have a point in that they should have told you or described the car more accurately but at least they are sending you the cat and gaskets!....It could have easily gone the other way!!!

Lesson learned I see! ;) :razz: :D :D

El

Jonny IX

Jonny IX

Group Buy Organiser
As in the first post I called them and have new cat coming .
I read and was told the same but was just posting for new owners or Extreme customers so they know that no matter how good a reputation ALWAYS check and check again as this proves that you just never know mate :)

Jonny IX

Jonny IX

Group Buy Organiser
I think you did well in the end to be honest with you.

You have a point in that they should have told you or described the car more accurately but at least they are sending you the cat and gaskets!....It could have easily gone the other way!!!

Lesson learned I see! ;) :razz: :D :D

El

Defo mate :) :blush: and I have said to the guy from Extreme I appreciate the new cat even though it should of been on car in first place , they couldn't of been more appologetic El. I was more worried that my insurance would of been invalid if an accident had taken place as we all know a IX is worth a fair bit of dough all of which id of lost if the worst had happened :blush:

As above, reason for the post was more of a beware and take care thread not a witch hunt for Extreme. Only going to be using highly reccomended folks to work on my baby in the future :)

Jonny IX

Jonny IX

Group Buy Organiser
aright m8 glad you got this sorted :)
like el said it could have gone the other way!

Me too mate :) Just gutted I paid for a decat yesterday :( Oh well I have a new one to go on and one to sell now LOL

evogeof

evogeof

Super Moderator
ok im off to the shop does anyone want some of this????

:):):):):) did you get a 3" decat jonny ??? dont extreme do remapping there??

Jonny IX

Jonny IX

Group Buy Organiser

not a popcorn thread mate :razz:

they dont re-map according to guy on phone :whistling:(ignoring your sarcasm as not to cause a Flag squad upon Flag squad as you know what happens......ARMAGEDDON ) LOL :razz::ninja::)

ElDopesta

ElDopesta

I was wondering when it would be popcorn hour around here!!! :D :D :D

They used to farm out the re-mapping to PJ of all people, until they realised he goes on like a farmer!!! :razz: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

El

evogeof

evogeof

Super Moderator
I was wondering when it would be popcorn hour around here!!! :D :D :D

They used to farm out the re-mapping to PJ of all people, until they realised he goes on like a farmer!!! :razz: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

El

ye i know they did, dont they do it anymore then???

Jonny IX

Jonny IX

Group Buy Organiser
Not according to bloke on phone mate. Oh and theyve forgotten what a cat pipe looks like LOL