Evo V for £2600 LMAO

E

evogirl

LMAO......read this

I was just checking on this vehicle, Mitsubishi : 1998 (R) Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 5 Evo V, and decided to send him a pm to say to him that it looks like he has misprinted the price.....well this is what I received back from him

1st e mail
Hello,
Thank you for your email. I can tell you that the car is in perfect condition. Never involved in accidents. I take good care of it and I can tell you for sure that if you will purchase the car from me you will be more then satisfied with it. It runs great and it comes with all the original papers and documents. I am selling this car for the listed price including delivery anywhere in UK.I set at a "very, very low" price to guarantee a sale. The only reason is that I need cash for a family emergency. I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town with some major problems so pick up/view is not an option. If you want to buy this vehicle email me back with your full name and address to start the official procedure trough PistonHeads. They will send you a notification with ALL the info regarding delivery, purchase protection and refund policy so please provide your details before more questions. You will find 90% of answers in that notification from Pistonheads!
Thanks

2nd e mail
I will need your full name and address to make this deal official through PistonHeads.
Thanks

3rd email
I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town with some major problems so pick up/view is not an option. If you want to buy this vehicle email me back with your full name and address to start the official procedure trough PistonHeads.

So I did some checks with the DVLA but they could not tell me much due to obvious reasons, (Data Protection),but I managed to find out a little.....1st of all the car is not registered in this country at the moment but can easily be re-registered, secondly all she could tell me that there is no police interest in it so that was okay but cannot tell if there has been any accidents against the vehicle but could do so if I paid for a HPI check but unfortunately as it's not registered in this country at the moment it is a bit difficult to tell.

I found this information through DVLA which is interesting.....

DVLA warns motorists – check V5C registration certificate before buying a used vehicle

Release Date: 17/07/2008
DVLA is warning motorists to check the V5C registration certificate when buying a used vehicle. Motorists are advised not to purchase the vehicle, and instead report the matter to the police, if the serial number of a V5C registration certificate falls within the following ranges:

BG8229501 to BG9999030
BI2305501 to BI2800000

Motorists are also reminded not to proceed with any purchase if a V5C has no serial number, or looks to have been altered or tampered with, or the vehicle is accompanied by only a part of the V5C registration certificate.

If a member of the public wishes to check if a serial number of a registration certificate is within the series prior to the purchase of a vehicle, they can call DVLA on 0870 241 1878.

Notes to editors:
DVLA gives a unique serial number to all registration certificates issued. Due to a technical issue in the printing process, the above serial numbers have not, and will not be issued. This series includes some serial numbers, which have been notified previously.

Prospective buyers are urged to check the serial number that appears at the top right hand corner of the registration certificate before buying a used vehicle. Further advice on buying and selling vehicles is available on the DVLA website at direct.gov.uk/motoring.

All press enquiries should be directed to:
DVLA Press Office
01792 782318
press.dvla@gtnet.gov.uk
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency

E

evogirl

if it looks too good to be true...

I tell that to myself all the time when I see things like this.....LOL

....wouldn't it be nice if it was all legitimate? I'd have it in an instance if that was the case

The guy is telling me he has a V5 with the vehicle.....funny that

A

Alan-G

The guy is telling me he has a V5 with the vehicle.....funny that

Get the local Rozzers to "buy" it.

If it's ligitimate - slip the copper a tenner (or whatever) and buy it off him for the price shown + a wee prezzie.

Job done.

Everyones a happy camper. ;)

Only Joking though - pistonheads should read the mails. Maybe worth posting it on their site.

E

evogirl

Get the local Rozzers to "buy" it.

If it's ligitimate - slip the copper a tenner (or whatever) and buy it off him for the price shown + a wee prezzie.

Job done.

Everyones a happy camper. ;)

Only Joking though - pistonheads should read the mails. Maybe worth posting it on their site.

This is the latest from him.......What is this guy up to?

Recent e mails

4th e mail
The v5 is with the vehicle and the vehicle is already at PistonHeads, and is ready to be shipped.

5th e mail
The vehicle is in the UK.

R***UHP
According to the DVLA and HPI checks there is no details of that registration in this country....it may be back in this country but if it is then he needs to re-register it

I have already e mailed piston heads about this as there have been 5 cars in the past 2 weeks i've tried enquiring about and had NOTHING....Why advertise a car if your not going to answer phone call/e-mails etc

One guy on there was advertising an Evo 3 but had an evo 1 bumper on the car so when I asked him for the VIN number he didn't respond.....infact he didn't respond at all.........I've had no response to any of the evo's I've enquired on the site.....but had one response on a different make of car

A

Alan-G

I think you should forget all about this.

Sorry for being blunt - but this looks an obvious mis-selling lark.

D

drew 007

i saw this a couple of weeks ago on piston heads and he wanted 6k for it, mmm

E

evogirl

I think you should forget all about this.

Sorry for being blunt - but this looks an obvious mis-selling lark.

I had forgotten about it until he kept demanding me for address to ship the car and I've to pay through piston heads........pffftt yeah right!!

Does he think I'm stupid! If I buy a car I pick it up myself and I don't hand any monies to ANYONE until I'm sure it's legitimate

A

Alan-G

Surprise surprise

This advert has been withdrawn by PistonHeads :rolleyes: