Evo 8 snapped rear drive shaft. Help please

Z

Zac1412

Hi, my evo 8 380 bhp went out today for and essential journey to asda. I came out of a junction and went gently into boost in 1st gear and I got a huge bang from the rear end of the car. My O/S/R driveshaft knuckle has popped apart / broken inside at the CV joint . I will buy another shaft but and fit but my questions are...

why has this broke? Are they weak or is it likely that I had a weak/tired shaft. The car was not launched and never gets launched.

And is It just a simple swap or are there any tips I need to know prior to fitting a new one.

Thanks and stay safe.

T

timwooten

Are you joking? What a waste of money on a car like this. Might as well have got a banger ford. 'I went gently'.. imagine if you pushed the thing. Tbh, it probably wouldn't move.

M

mister H

They are not weak or suspect, been in Evo’s since 2005, with two cars, one with 340 bhp and one with 435 bhp and 412 lbs torq, on my 340bhp car I had launch control, and used it, broke two transfer boxes but never had a drive shaft go, had a spare 8 drive shaft in my garage since 2010 and it’s still there.
How many miles?
just bad luck I think