Any bikers on here

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

As in title. With the nicer weather here and weekends in abundance who on here has a motorbike and where are you located. Maybe we can sort out a meet or ride out, as I know I would rather do some travelling for a meet on the bike rather than the car, more fun, less hassle with traffic and a fraction of fuel cost.

Also who is going to bmf bike show in Peterborough next month.

So bike, location and ideas welcome here

andyw08

andyw08

My summer vehicle is a gsxr 600 ;) i live about 10 miles from liverpool, my photos keep turning upside down on here so cant post a pic....any idea why?

Last edited:
fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Cant you keep both Craig, winter meets are more fun in a car.

Same as that Andy, k2 gsxr600 although I ride through winter too, cheaper than the car to and from work and 10 mins to get home through traffic instead of 45 mins. Upside down? Erm sorry no idea there, I not tried uploading pics for an age

craig@dd

craig@dd

Iv had my car 6 years and i do 300 miles a year so iv decided to sell it, im going to buy anothe gsxr 1000 k6 that i had when they was new i sold bike for evo and now evo for bike lol,
Plus car is taking up too much space

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Ah fair enough pal. 1000 mmmm beast. I'll be moving up to 1000 next year some time I guess, something a little less revvy as constantly through the box looking after clutch gets tiring sometimes. So when you getting the two wheels mate

ElDopesta

ElDopesta

As in title. With the nicer weather here and weekends in abundance who on here has a motorbike and where are you located. Maybe we can sort out a meet or ride out, as I know I would rather do some travelling for a meet on the bike rather than the car, more fun, less hassle with traffic and a fraction of fuel cost.

Also who is going to bmf bike show in Peterborough next month.

So bike, location and ideas welcome here

Not sure if it qualifies but I have a Gilera DNA....

Last time I checked, Nicky @ Rob were motorised too.

My sum...............my photos keep turning upside down on here so cant post a pic....any idea why?

Have you tried rotating them, saving them "as is" in another file and then uploading them via that file? :sneaky:

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Yh I know about those two, Nicky is a bit far away and rob was Gona get his bike on the road last week I think. Well it's got the right number of wheels el

Nickygixer-k5

Nickygixer-k5

Iv had my car 6 years and i do 300 miles a year so iv decided to sell it, im going to buy anothe gsxr 1000 k6 that i had when they was new i sold bike for evo and now evo for bike lol,
Plus car is taking up too much space

Good call on a K6 that was the last bike I owned, previously had the K5 both from new. Still have the rear mudguards and the pillion seats unused in my storage shed:whistling:

ElDopesta

ElDopesta

Now all you need is all the other bits and you can get a build thread going :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Lol just a couple more bits.

Question for you Nicky as your Mr gixer, what gear indicator would you reccomend? If any as I wouldn't mind haaving a quick refrence for what gear I'm in doddering round town

RsvRob

RsvRob

Craig don't bother with gear indicator. The more you ride the better idea you'll have of what gear your in.
If you want a better engine for town, ie low torque, go for a twin. No need to rev so much then.

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

It's me being lazy really I usually know what gear I'm in but every now and again will drop to first instead of second which isn't massive prob but annoying lol. Not a twin fan if I'm honest, I'll upgrade to something bigger at some point more than likely the gixer 750 or 1000 and u can be lazier with gear changes lol

RsvRob

RsvRob

You can also try re gearing the bike via the sprockets for acceleration or top speed. It can also alter rpm range at which point you change gear

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Yh I didn't want to adjust the gearing as I like how it is, just like the idea of a gear indicator but seen a few and don't know which are good and what arnt,

Nickygixer-k5

Nickygixer-k5

Lol just a couple more bits.

Question for you Nicky as your Mr gixer, what gear indicator would you reccomend? If any as I wouldn't mind haaving a quick refrence for what gear I'm in doddering round town

As Rob says why bother with a gear indicator:confused: Although it is built in on the K5 and 6 Didn't really use it. As a rider you should know what gear your in. What I did like though was the adjustable peak warning light:twisted:

RsvRob

RsvRob

Just buy a cheapo and try it, see if you like it. For £10 you can junk it if you don't like it lol

Ooo mine has adjustable peak rev and built in lap timer. Avg speed and current top speed :-B

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

I think I just like the sound of one to be fair. Jus ent no whatone is any good or how they connect, whether I need specific for my bike or not.