White smoke

W

Wheelspk

Hello,

I have a fully built engine from Whalen's Speed R&D , was running great and made 800hp , decided to go faward face a a new hks head gasket , megnus intake and koyo half radiator.

Upon starting car started going off white smoke, the car was perfectly fine before we took everything apart for the new parts.

They did put oil on my gasket before installing it...can that be causing the smoke??

The smoke was a lot on the 1st day but after 2 days of driving 20 kms or so the smoke has subsided a lot but is still there on acceleration, the mechanic check the engine cylinders which were dry and started the car and there was no white smoke, then took the downpipe off with the turbo in still no smoke but when we attatched the down pipe and exhaust the white smoke comes back...now on cold start there is close to zero smoke or atleast the thickness has gone.

The workshop says it's just oil in the pipe lines and will go away after a few miles of driving.

I dont now what's going on. What can cause this smoke be...as there was never coolent on my car always water so it cant be burning oldcoolant...but the shop did put oil on my head gasket for some reason before installing which I have a pic of...maybe that oil burning is what causing the the smoke

Attachments

Last edited:
D

dalinkwent

No signs of water mixing with the oil under the oil cap? Have you checked the head to see if it's been torqued down properly? Also check to see if there is any oil coming from the tailpipe.

Ive been having a white smoke problem with my 5 and checked through all of the above. My head studs weren't torqued down properly and the valve seals needed to be changed.

W

Wheelspk

No water mixing at all...I have talked to the person who built my engine and he said that the hks gasket was supposed to go in DRY ..which the shop who was working on my car put a lot on oil on ..as you can see from the pics I posted...oil is not a sealant and no amount of torque will compress oil...so oil coating on the gasket = to poor sealing , you can see the attatched the picture again of the hks gasket with coating of oil on it just as one would coat a headgaskit with a sealant spray....I have ordered new gasket and 625 studs and larger washers...will be changing it again...hopefully that will fix this smoking issue...my valve seals and all other parts were perfect before we changed the oem too hks...I dont see that being the problem.

Attachments