Strange boost cut like the feeling of hitting a pot hole.

JimmyT

JimmyT

Car revs fine at full throttle if you go thru each gear in turn but if you are doing 30mph in 4th gear then feather the throttle and get up in the rev range moving to full throttle it'll kinda do a jolt or large "Hickup"

If you then immediately change into 3rd and fully rev the car then go into 4th itll be fine at full throttle and not jolt.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Cheers J

Dvolution

Dvolution

Had a similar issue recently. Felt like all 4 wheels hit a pothole when accelerating. Had a dead spot in my throttle position sensor. Was from driving my car like a grandpa during my monthly drives while the car was stored for a few years. Try opening the throttle blade all the way a few times with the engine off. That cleared up mine.

T

Tedrogers

Car revs fine at full throttle if you go thru each gear in turn but if you are doing 30mph in 4th gear then feather the throttle and get up in the rev range moving to full throttle it'll kinda do a jolt or large "Hickup"

If you then immediately change into 3rd and fully rev the car then go into 4th itll be fine at full throttle and not jolt.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Cheers J
Thanks for raising this problem as my evo 8 is doing exactly the same.
It is a fairly recent purchase and been standing for sometime I gather.
It is booked to go into CPP Congleton Cheshire.
Thought mine was the only problem evo so relieved others have had this problem and the answer seems straight forward.

Big thanks
I

M

Matthewbrowne

What's happening is that you boost is creeping over the safe limit set by the ecu
This then prompts the ecu to cut the fuel and the car feels like you hit the brakes
Check your boost and find out what your ecu is set to usually between 0.9.and 1 bar as standard fuel cut usually hits between 1.1 and 1.3