Looking for info

B

Boab25

Hey.. ive been toying with the idea of buying an evo 8 MR340. Im just looking for some info and i know you guys and girls are the best to speak to. Im just looking for info on what to look for when buying one i.e problem areas to look out for and so on. Im just toying with the idea im due an upgrade on my car in july currently driving insignia vxr very disappointed with it cant wait to get rid of it and still fancy a 4 wheel drive with character and personally i think the evo’s are among the nicest looking cars on the road. Any info and advice would be appreciated. Thanks

M

mister H

Why don’t you like the VXR,
Is it for a Dailey driver?
How many miles do you drive per year.

B

Boab25

I had high expectations of the vxr and it hasnt lived up to any of them tbh. Doesnt feel any where near the bhp its proposed to have says 320bhp 0-60 couldnt get it lower than 7.5sec could be down to me as a driver but going by other vxr owners it seems to be in that ball park. Doesnt really feel planted to the road either dont have confidence in it when having a blast through back roads. As a family car its good lot of space and so on good in all weather with 4 wheel drive but i bought it to have fun when the kids arent in the car and to be honest i had more fun in my old gt gtdi golf. So hence toying with the idea of an evo. Preferably an 8 looks mint in my opinion had a blast in an mr340 feels so much faster and tighter and seems way more fun than the vxr also decent boot size 4 doors seems a win win. I average say 6-10k a year. I know service costs can mount up and regular services needed for the evos that doesnt bother me im more concerned about what to look for or what not to look for in buying one as these cars are getting on a bit now what 14-16 years old. Just any help or info would be awsome as i like to try do some homework before purchasing anything like that. Thanks in advance.