Lightweight battery kit or battery relocated to boot?

Rock_Evo

Rock_Evo

Hello, I am new to the forum and new to owning an evo in general. I have recently bought a 2001 evo 7 it has been running fine. I was out in it last week and then I came home, 20 minutes later I went to go back out but the car seemed to die all of a sudden as soon as I turned the key and it didn't even try to start! The lights were dim and flickering as if the battery was very low. I jump started the car and left it running, as soon as I turned the lights on the engine cut out and wouldn't start again. I think maybe there is a loose ground cable as I've never known a battery to die so quickly! while looking for a loose connection I noticed the car has had a new alternator fitted so previous owner could maybe have been trying to fix the same problem? Has anyone had this problem? Also the battery that is in the car is not full size but is smaller and is just clamped down to the stock tray to make room for the top pipe, it looks scruffy! I want to tidy it up but not sure wether to get a mini battery and tray kit or to relocate a full size battery to the boot. Are the mini batteries adequate for daily driving and our uk winters? if so does anyone know of any kits available in UK? Any help will appreciated, thanks.

E

Evostevie

Hi Rock
Maybe you’ve got this , already but FWIW
Call RossSport , everything they do and know isn’t always on their website.

01945 580066