Lancer GS Sportback Ralliart common problems

V

Vickie

Hi all.

I'm new to this page.

I'm currently purchasing a 2011 lancer sportback GS ralliart and wondered on any common problems with them and the sst transmission.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

mlau1294

mlau1294

Hi there - I have an '09 sportback as my daily when I'm in the UK and the problem is in standard form they're pretty lack lustre TBH.

They need a few mods and a remap to bring them out of their shell and then they become a much more capable beast. I'm running 300/310 in mine which is quite good fun on the SST!

As with the X you need to ensure they have the latest fuel pump relay(s),and they can be prone to timing chain stretch so that needs to be looked at too.

These don't come with S-Sport mode, so normal Sport mode isn't quite as sharp, so gear changes can be a little clunky and slower...

Depending on where you live, I would take it to Ant at Indigo, or Gary at APT for them to work their magic on it. TRL also do a lot of work on X's so they could also be a good choice if you're more North based...

Standard mods by the way are as follows: Evo X IC and hardpipes (lower and upper),Evo X BOV, braided brake lines and decent fluid, and then remap with Evo firmware so you can get S-Sport mode installed.

I've done a bit more than all this to mine, but the above is what is probably needed to get it to ~300bhp.