is mlr worth £36!

liffy16

liffy16

is mlr worth the membership price?i know its alot busier than this forum
and you would get quicker feedback/reaction on questions posted but surely
forums should be free?or am i just a tight git

madhillbilly17

madhillbilly17

I would say it's been worth it for me for the parts section,also i think some people do treat non members different,some threads seem to get pretty heated and normally get left to battle on unlike most forums lock them down,seen a fair bit of bullying on there to but iv'e stayed away from trouble on there,sometimes get help with questions but don't always get a reply,which sometimes is annoy as there are so many companies on there and they know the answer but won't give the info out,so i would say if you want parts and want to stand a chance of being liked it's worth it lol,i was a bit like you not used to paying for forums but there are some good bargain parts and iv'e got the money back in the savings iv'e had in parts.

D

D1andonlyantman

I was thinking about this just the other day. I've never paid for a forum and don't really intend to. I'm into motorbikes as well and on a few forums, and when I started I was a total noob with the technical stuff. A few years down the line I know A LOT more and often answer other peoples questions. That's what it's all about isn't it? Stopping non-payers using the for sale section seems reasonable I suppose, it's an incentive to pay, but users shunning non-payers need to look at the bigger picture.

Last edited:
McFall1984

McFall1984

yep imo it is
always some thread thats like 30 pages long thats really interesting
the PM feature is really needed if looking to buy
for sale sections are viewable
the members pack is sweet, calender, the mag, stickers etc.......

great forum

CHUBBYSDAD

CHUBBYSDAD

I've bought loads of stuff on there at some really good prices that would have been snapped up by someone else within hours so would never be offered to non members that can see ads after 1 week ???
If track days are your thing the money can be saved on one day for the diff. between member and non member prices, due to where I'm at I've not done any of the UK days they run yet but have done their Spa trip twice and have booked for next year, its really well organised and great to do the track with other Evos.
So I would say yes :)
J

Rugslasher

Rugslasher

If it wasn't for the parts section & the odd info required I wouldn't pay , especially with all the trolls & bitchin , it's crazy as most of the trouble causes haven't even got an EVO

madhillbilly17

madhillbilly17

If it wasn't for the parts section & the odd info required I wouldn't pay , especially with all the trolls & bitchin , it's crazy as most of the trouble causes haven't even got an EVO

I know the group your talking about they seem to hunt in packs and just bully people,the good news is like you said they haven't got evo's anymore so there not on there as much as they used to be,i'm hoping in time they will go completely:) the probably is the people that control the site they let it go on,i'm on a few forums and if anyone starts it's locked really quick before it get out of hand,it is the worst forum iv'e been on for trouble by miles,also not as helpful as most forums there's alot of companies and they won't give some info out,i'm writting this thinking why i'm i a member lol,oh yeah cheap parts and a handful of nice people among the sharks :D

SnowMold

SnowMold

A thousand times yes! But even if you still think its not worth it for the vast amount of knowledgeable people to help you with any problem, access to a great market place where traders and members a like can offer you any part you could ever need or well planned events and meets. Paying £36 has just saved me £230 on my car insurance so its already paid for its self.

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Its worth it if you like or can pit up with over opinionated p***ks its full of them. And unless you have endless supplies of cash to keep up with them then they think you shouldnt own such an exclusive and rare car like an evo because theres no better car out there of course. On the plus side the for sale section is full of toys and shiny things

evogeof

evogeof

Super Moderator
It's a no brainer really. Well worth the money for what you get in return

12 Month MLR Membership (New and Renewal)
12 month membership includes:
Members pack (contents vary year to year.. picture is a library picture.),Membership and ID card, MLR decal sheet, MLR lanyard, MLR insurance policy info). Also upgrade to full MLR Member status giving access to all MLR Member only areas of the site
Unlimited posting on the MLR Forum
4 issues of 'evolution' magazine
Discounts throughout the MLR Shop
Access to Group Buys
Discounts with all the MLR Traders
and more!!

£35.75
Including 20.00% Tax

So who are these trouble makers?? I've not seen any for ages

madhillbilly17

madhillbilly17

I don't think anyone is going to take the time to sit and list them (there are quite a few lol) loads of people know it they just keep quiet on there like i do so i don't get caught up in it,Iv'e seen you say before you don't see any problems on there and that amazes me,have you read "Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do" which is a fairly new thread or "is anyone offend by this??" there not the worst iv'e seen on there but shows some of what is allowed on there,on any of the other forums iv'e been on personal attack will not be allowed and those threads would have been locked or a mod would have stepped in and said keep it nice or it will be locked,but i agree with you it's not to bad at the mow not as bad as it was when i first signed up other than that iv'e got uses to it lol,when i first signed up i couldn't believe how bad it was!

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Geof really............? Dont play dumb please.

You get one trouble maker pipe up and they get the pack mentality and it doesnt matter what you say, if you disagree with them they pull you apart with childish logic and science to make themselves right.

Far too many to name and would gain anything from naming them.

As i say above you may save yourself the 36 quid in prts you get hold of but just be mindful your not allowed an opinion on there unless its the same as theirs

martinthegooner

martinthegooner

I know afew people on there but have always resisted the urge to join myself due to hearing alot of stories about the bitching etc on there-I might try it one day-maybe-in no rush to sign up though

ray671984

ray671984

I am a none paying member at the moment have been for some time now i have picked up on a few things what goes on in there. But this does not put me off using it still as there is some genuine nice lads on there. There is one thing what does bug me a little bit not that i expect people to view my thread on there and reply to it but i have noticed that hardly anyone replies to it yet its got over 3000 views! i find people tend to reply to people's thread's who are paying members only

Ray

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
I pay my membership every year. In my eyes it wouldn't be what it is without the financial backing of it members. A lot of time and effort goes into what the staff do for the club and I'm not just talking about the forum, takes a lot of time and effort for the staff to organise the events that they do and it all needs funding some how

madhillbilly17

madhillbilly17

well since my last attack on there from flynn i won't be renewing my membership,there's only a handful of decent people on there anyway,iv'e been on plenty of free forums that offer more and one main thing.......... there friendly and helpful :) and it doesn't even have a project section!

if there was someone like flynn on one of the forums i'm on he would be hung out to dry and outcasted acting the way he does,but for some reason the mods on there let him! if you look through his history he's been doing it for years on there with others in the pack,i think the members that see him doing it that think it's wrong don't want to get involved as he would start on them as well,to me it seems the idiots out weight the good people so until that changes im out.

evokaralis

evokaralis

It paid for itself when I was modding as traders would often have discounts for MLR members.