Edit Button On Own Threads

Evo8Frankie

Evo8Frankie

Oh no what have i started, i don't want people to argue.

i Just thought it would be a good idea that's all.:confused:

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
I know its a bit of topic but just to conclude it does amaze me how this site gets around 100+ members visit a day yet only about a handful of them actually post :(

Ah well, I like it here anyway being a happy place :)

Nick

Nick

Superstar Admin
As Lee has said. The ability to edit posts is disabled due to abuse. It is too easy for a 'dodgy' seller to remove key words or change a description or similar and it makes resolving any dispute a lot harder. You can edit for 15 mins (off the top of my head) in case you spot a mistake and then its just a case of reporting the post and it one of the excellent staffers will make the change for you. Its not perfect but the world aint perfect im afraid.

As for a ghost town, you sure your on the same forum? Its been very busy. Ive the stats to proove it too lol. Sure members are on MLR too, thats more than understandable but we are growing all the time and we provide a different atmosphere over here. Both sides of the fence have their place.

evoaps

evoaps

As Lee has said. The ability to edit posts is disabled due to abuse. It is too easy for a 'dodgy' seller to remove key words or change a description or similar and it makes resolving any dispute a lot harder. You can edit for 15 mins (off the top of my head) in case you spot a mistake and then its just a case of reporting the post and it one of the excellent staffers will make the change for you. Its not perfect but the world aint perfect im afraid.

As for a ghost town, you sure your on the same forum? Its been very busy. Ive the stats to proove it too lol. Sure members are on MLR too, thats more than understandable but we are growing all the time and we provide a different atmosphere over here. Both sides of the fence have their place.

We need a shoutbox, never mind worrying about editing posts

C

Chris@epp

Just adding onto this that the edit removal is actually a great idea. Initially I thought why on earth is there none and how annoying it was. After thought, and the issues that occur elsewhere I think its a really sensible idea. Its not as convenient, but its safer. The sad truth is there are people out there who will edit items etc. after sold to cover and deceive.

A final post of SOLD or something sorts it in the end.

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
Just adding onto this that the edit removal is actually a great idea. Initially I thought why on earth is there none and how annoying it was. After thought, and the issues that occur elsewhere I think its a really sensible idea. Its not as convenient, but its safer. The sad truth is there are people out there who will edit items etc. after sold to cover and deceive.

If only everyone was as understanding :)

Evo8Frankie

Evo8Frankie

Yeah that's the reason behind it pal, im changing parts on my car all the time, so without doing a complete new thread, id like to edit, once parts have sold and added to the list,, also gives people an idea of what i have left for sale without having to look all the way thought the thread to see if the part their after has sold or not.

Plus people see an edit with a reason and think he's all over it. ;)