Dash wiring to ACD selector

W

Webby

Hi guys, I’ve just recently bought an evo 8 gsr, I knew of a few electrical issues when viewing it (Obviously brought down the price of the car) and I’ve now fixed most of them (bulbs/fuses etc needed). So I’m onto my final electrical issue- The ACD selector resets every time to gravel after every start up. So when I pulled the clocks out I found an aftermarket circuit board bridged between the clocks C106 connector and the white and blue wire going to the ACD selector switch. Has anyone ever come across this before? I’m not too sure if this could be an ACD bypass circuit? Thanks in advance

W

Webby

Anyway guys, after some fault finding, I found out that the board in question was an ACD by-pass board. I put back the original wires as they should be and found that the ACD was working ok until it was driven (only then would the 3 lights come on). After checking the OBD pins 1 & 4 and reading the ABS and ACD codes, it turns out the fault was the front left abs/wheel speed sensor. Why someone would spend the time to put a board in to hide an issue as opposed to replacing a sensor is beyond me...…. Sensor is about 30 quid. Anyway, problem is now solved and ACD is working fine :)

W

Webby

Funny side to this, I have a ACD circuit board by-pass if anyone wants one lol