Cobra malfunction

Keith Desmond

Keith Desmond

a few might remember me getting my hands on an fq last year, the car has been fine and I've really loved it
Unfortunately some months ago in the cold the cobra alarm/immob has had a funny turn and Ive been unable to start it since, proper devastating
I've located the black box
Just wanted to ask a question
If I replace the box 8185 which comes two new fobs and a new pin card and of course the wiring is ok, in theory should work right ?
Any other comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I can't seem to get an auto spark or engineer out to have a look for me as they seem not interested.
Thanks Keith image.jpeg

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

No this wouldnt work pal, the box has told the immobiliser to not start the car so plugging a new box in wont then tell the car to start. Have you not got the little fob key thing? You can send off your box and all that you have and cobra will program and send back to you free of charge. Alternativly someone who is handy with evo scan can do it for you i believe by disableing the immobiliser

Keith Desmond

Keith Desmond

Yep immobiliser breakdown, new cobra fitted, all up and running again

L

lpplompen

No this wouldnt work pal, the box has told the immobiliser to not start the car so plugging a new box in wont then tell the car to start. Have you not got the little fob key thing? You can send off your box and all that you have and cobra will program and send back to you free of charge. Alternativly someone who is handy with evo scan can do it for you i believe by disableing the immobiliser
I would want to send my Cobra 6421 back to Cobra fo I d not have any of the touch keys or PIN needed to add a new fob (I know only have one left as my better half lost hers...). Would that be via CobraCarTech.co.uk? Thanks for your help!!