blowing fuses

D

donk70

can anyone help me?i got an evo iv and its blowing the fuse for the complete dashboard,all the ignition lights,speedo not working,and the rev counter not working.looks loike i got a dead short somewhere.anyone had the same trouble?if so how did you fix it?
many thanks
donk:)

yeehaa customs

yeehaa customs

Sounds like something might not be grounded correctly.. That's the only reason i can think of.. Try grounding whatever it a 2nd time [say to the chassis somewhere] and see if that improves things..

D

donk70

can anyone help me?i got an evo iv and its blowing the fuse for the complete dashboard,all the ignition lights,speedo not working,and the rev counter not working.looks loike i got a dead short somewhere.anyone had the same trouble?if so how did you fix it?
many thanks
donk:)
ihad another look this morning and found that the black wire with 2 white stripes was causing the fuse to blow,cut the wire.and the fuse ok.we think the wire goes up to the speedo cause its not working now,any ideas if the speedo drive is causing the fault?
cheers
donk

D

donk70

i found the fault,it was in the wiring connecter that fits on the speedo drive on the g/box.incase someone else gets the same fault.

D

donk70

i put new wires in the connecter and found one of the connectors snapped off the speedo sensor that bolts onto the g/box,anyone know how expensive the sensor is to buy?
donk