Add pops and bangs to your Evo

Simon@NTS

Simon@NTS

Trader
Trader
Right im going to make this as basic as i can, please feel free to add or correct me on anything.

Firstly your going to have to spend cash:cry:, you first need a lead to connect to the car, either a openport 1.3U or a tactrix 2.0 these can cost from 80 to 180 pound, OP1.3U can do 7/8/9, 2.0 can do 4/5/6, you will also need to get a copy of EcuFlash which is free to download

Once Ecuflash and the cable is installed you need to take a download of your ROM

You might also need to run the EcuFlash ECU Unlocker, which can be found at ActiveMatrix, this needs to be run first before Ecuflash

Last edited:
Simon@NTS

Simon@NTS

Trader
Trader
Once youve took a download you should see the below, it will vary depending on rom on your evo, hopefuly you`ll have similar below, to add PLEASE save your rom as if its EcuTek ed if you overwright it, you will lose the license so if you decide to have it remapped will have to pay extra, save the original ROM and keep it safe

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 906
Last edited:
Simon@NTS

Simon@NTS

Trader
Trader
On the above pic you can see ALS if not you need to change your ROM or modify your XML to show it, which i will explain later. when you expand ALS you will see the following:-

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,006
Simon@NTS

Simon@NTS

Trader
Trader
as a base setting you need to change the ALS settings to the following:-

24 kph
50 celcius
3000 units
80 units
1 s
2 s
80 units
12 s
0.1 s
0.1 s
4.8 s

open each section and change in order

Simon@NTS

Simon@NTS

Trader
Trader
this should give you mild pops and bangs but to add to the effect you need to add some negative timing to the timing map..........the problem by adding negative timing to the timing map it directly effects driveability to low load area ie when cruising, so people like to have switchable maps which is controlled by the ICS button on the centre console but this is what you should adjust in the timing map

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,053
Simon@NTS

Simon@NTS

Trader
Trader
Right when once you have changed the ALS settings and added some negative timing you can upload the ROM back into the ecu, make sure battery condition is good and you dont switch the ignition off for any reason when uploading the ROM, you can do this by pressing the write to ecu button

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 863
sponners

sponners

nice one matey, dont think anyone on here is interested though.....prefer to give someone a tenner and have them do it for them.

Simon@NTS

Simon@NTS

Trader
Trader
nice one matey, dont think anyone on here is interested though.....prefer to give someone a tenner and have them do it for them.

sponners if you want to add or correct on anything feel free, i want to do a change your rom one and eventually self mapping which is going to be the beast of a write up;)

Nickygixer-k5

Nickygixer-k5

exactly, as everybody no's on here i'm absolutly fantastic on a computer i can do anything on one but i would rather give u a tenner to do it :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Gis a tenner and I'll tell you how to change your av:whistling::whistling:

ElDopesta

ElDopesta

Oi!

Get over to the other Pops and Bangs Thread you comedians.

Not you Sponners, you can stay buddy!!! ;)

El