a proper hello

S

supraking

right, hello evo owners. sorry i dont own an evo. or a mitsubishi for that matter :p

but have recently purchased a proton coupe. while insurance is still abit silly, the 1.8 mitsi engine will be staying pretty standard.
but i have plans to do an evo 2 front end swap and possibly respray it in Blurple

so far im spending time and money on sorting those little niggles that you have when you buy a car. and giving it a service. next ill be taking the front end off and giving it all a good rust proofing. then ill move on to collecting parts for the swap

:ninja: be gentle

Last edited:
evogeof

evogeof

Super Moderator
Welcome matey. Nice newbie thread.
Burn the proton and buy a Evo. And that's me being gentle lol.

S

supraking

lol if im honest i really do like protons. just moved up to this from a 1.5 hatchback version.
for now the extra 50 horses is proving enough. and i think much cheaper to run in every sense of the word. while getting insurance quotes for this (700 quid) i did get a quick quote for an evo 2 and it came back over 2.5k. plus the fuel bill would cripple me atm.

this might get a turbo at some point. but once the exterior is sorted

evogeof

evogeof

Super Moderator
lol if im honest i really do like protons. just moved up to this from a 1.5 hatchback version.
for now the extra 50 horses is proving enough. and i think much cheaper to run in every sense of the word. while getting insurance quotes for this (700 quid) i did get a quick quote for an evo 2 and it came back over 2.5k. plus the fuel bill would cripple me atm.

this might get a turbo at some point. but once the exterior is sorted
How much :disgusted: I pay 420 fully comp for my Evo 9 and all mods declared and with my 29 yr old wife on my policy ;)

S

supraking

im 25 clean licence but unfortunatly the mrs had a go had writing off a bmw a few years ago, which is whats possibly bumping it up abit. and my postcode doesnt help.
oh and until flux gave me that outstanding quote the next best was 1100

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Welcome buddy.I pay 1100 and I'm 25 do u have ta put the Mrs on there

S

supraking

the mrs isnt on it this year, cheapest i could get with her on was 1300.
im happy with the proton anyway, and as i say living where i do means some insurers wont even touch me

S

supraking

thanks for the welcome boys.
spent the last 3 days cleaning the car :) got a show this weekend

S

supraking

i was slow at getting the camera out :p
think we only managed a pittyful 8 protons and 3 non protons. not our biggest show, but quite a good relaxed one, just good to catch up.
the gti in the middle got best wip of show

S

supraking

cheers mate, my cars not much. but give me abit of time and it will be :)