1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

Remove your cobra alarm

Discussion in 'How To' started by fq-craigus, Jan 12, 2013.

Advert:
  1. fq-craigus

fq-craigus Well-Known Member

I have seen this a couple of times on here and as I had to do it today ill share the secret

Nothing major to it,

Locate the cobra alarm box, on the VIII and prob the VII and IX too, remove the panel on drivers side below steering wheel, 2 screws on front 2 on back and one 10mm bolt behind the flip out pocket. There is a metal bracket and the box will be attached to that.

Now the position will prob vary model to model

To remove it just needs unplugging, the only important thing is to disarm the immobiliser first, either using the fob or the key you hold to the dashboard, once the light is no longer flashing, unplug the connector. This will enable you to still use the car whilst the alarm is removed, if you don't de arm the Immobiliser it will still be on.

Now the reason for me doing this is because my alarm pin was not supplied when I bought the car so I can't re program any keys to it, and as the serial number sticker is also missing from the box I have to send it all off to cobra, who will free of charge re program my fobs, put my serial number back on the box and supply my pin :) happy days.

Hope this helps someone someday

Evo4dav likes this.
  2. fq-craigus

Ill keep you informed of the timescale for sending it off

3. Evo8Frankie

Evo8Frankie Well-Known Member

So iv also got a cobra fitted and have a fob for the cobra and then my key which i use to unlock and lock the car, iv changed all the locks and keys as i only got the car with one key, obv now i have two and all the lock are to the same key as you know my car never had a rear boot lock or door locks ect so i just got the full set, so how do i go about prgramming my new key to lock and unlock the car or do i just swap around the inside of the keys if thats possible??

4. fq-craigus

The keys them selves are a different matter as they are different cuts, the fobs how ever you can program to your alarm. Have a look in your folder that came with the car as you may have the pin in there if not look on the box you just have to pull out the pocket and you can stick your head in there and look for your serial number, once you have it pop to a local mitsi garage and get them to call cobra and cobra will give them the pin, they won't give it to you it has to go through auth route as its a thatcham product.
    The procedure for programming the fob can be found online and when I get mine back ill upload how to program too, it's summat like press both buttons on the fob and the light goes out, ignition on and put the immobiliser key in the dash, and if your pin is 4376 for eg, turn your ignition of and on 4 times and put key in dash again then off and on 3 times and key in dash again and so on.

Evo8Frankie likes this.
  5. Evo8Frankie

gotcha cheers mate

6. fq-craigus

Alarm came back this morning, so I sent it Monday morning and have it back 48 hours later. They have provided my PIN number repaired a broken fob, put new batteries in and replaced the outer casings for both fobs. As well as programming.

Will be fitting to the car in a little while

And all this for free

Cobra customer service 10/10

7. craig@dd

craig@dd Active Member

sounds like a good service to me tbh most want it for weeks on end

8. fq-craigus

Yh customer service was spot on, over the phone and also in their repairs

9. kobe_1201

kobe_1201 New Member

ehhh... is that the standard alarm? My one is very doggy. The rubber part just broken and detached from mine.

10. fq-craigus

Yes standard alarm pal, you going to send off to cobra?

11. kobe_1201

kobe_1201 New Member

Yea. I think I will do that.

Based in Ireland here. So dont know how long will it take tho...

12. kobe_1201

kobe_1201 New Member

Or ill just get a new case and change it myself.

13. Mr. N

Mr. N New Member

Is it normal when you remove the alarm and you use the buttons on your key to close the car all doors close except the driver side? When the alarm is connected no problem...

14. supamario666

supamario666 Trader
    Trader

Not seen this before Craig!! Very useful and informative thread my boy!! Nice one my special banana!

15. Evo8Frankie

YPHM Craig, i need some help ;)

16. fq-craigus

I replied on fb Frankie. Don't think the remotes will work for door locks ect as the control box is what you remove, plus none of my fobs worked when I done mine anyways

Evo8Frankie likes this.
  17. Evo8Frankie

Iv sorted mine out today, as iv got 2 spare fobs i need to re-programme, so rang up Cobra Technical Team on 01932 732 331 and gave them the serial number and they rang back 10 mins later with my pin, :D made up just need to programmer them in now.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013