Ayc Vs Rs Diff!

supamario666

supamario666

Trader
Trader
Right then guy's and gal's what do you prefer???

RS Diff or AYC???

The reason i ask is when i first had the chance of a RS Diff conversion on my VI GSR i was a bit un-sure to have it done or not but the price i was offered it for and fitted was once in a life time offer so i had it done and i must say i am so glad i did:D I find it more useble and i feel more in control when coming into a corner or Island:)

I personnel feel if i was to have another Evo it would have to be the RS version:razz:

Interested to know what you guy's think? It's cracking fun round island's....isn't it Simon!!!:D:angel:

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
Only ever driven evos with Ayc set up so I can't judge :(

Nath-t

Nath-t

Most people I kno that have changed from ayc to rs they usually end up gettin binned :) so I'm yet to deal with this :) will let u kno when mines fitted bubbles :D

Nath-t

Nath-t

£1650 for a good diff kit without fitting and they are becomin scarce... But will handle more power in theory :)

scubaladdie

scubaladdie

Know a few tuners who say they've seen just as many RS diffs go bang as AYC. And the RS diff is fitted to the RS for the same reason as the basic seats, steel wheels etc... it's intended to be binned for the owners favoured setup as soon as the car's purchased. The Evo rally cars all use AYC iirc, not the RS diff. Although presumably a different AYC to what our cars use?

Aidy

Aidy

Know a few tuners who say they've seen just as many RS diffs go bang as AYC. And the RS diff is fitted to the RS for the same reason as the basic seats, steel wheels etc... it's intended to be binned for the owners favoured setup as soon as the car's purchased. The Evo rally cars all use AYC iirc, not the RS diff. Although presumably a different AYC to what our cars use?

AYC is far far better for road use. WRC cars used a more advanced version of AYC (that's where the tech comes from),however active diffs were banned in WRC in 2006 so no team could use them any more. You'll hear people ask if active diffs are so good, why do WRC cars no longer user them...the reason is because they were banned for being too good lol Same reason you need air restrictors etc too, sometimes car tech becomes too good so it needs to be throttled to make it more of an even playing field.

GroupN etc still use RS diffs as the regulations dictate what you can change on the car as standard as the RS diff suits a greater range of surfaces and track types, it can also take more abuse (though it's still not indestructible of course). They still use ACD though.

Dirtmatt

Dirtmatt

Rs diff is on the wish list for a number of reasons.

Everyone who has run th rs set up says its more driver interactive that the ayc.
They second is it also would open the possibly of abs removal. Sure I would get slate for saying that but I prefer the feel of a non abs set up.